Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Self Portrait Project

For my Studio Art 1A class we had to make a self portrait using the term "drawing." I wanted to do something that was playful... and what's cooler than a making a connect the dots of your very own lovely face! :)

THE PROCESS:

1. Made a quick sketch of myself


2. Upload it to Adobe Illustrator and DOTS AWAY! It actually took me a good four or five hours to do since I am still trying out this super cool program. I wanted to put the least amount of dots possible but meanwhile making my face still recognizable when it gets connected.

THE FINISH PRODUCT:



THE PRINTED VERSION:



Do you have some free time at this very moment and you do not know what exactly to do? Well then... I have good news for YOU all! YOU can have your very own copy of JEM's Connect the Dots!

Instructions:
1. print out page
2. follow the instructions on the picture

THE FINAL PROJECT



Our final project for my Studio Art 1A class was to do another self portrait... but WAIT! It has to be in the style of an artist we had studied. I took the easy way out and did my work in the style of Andy Warhol's Marilyn Monroe. I recycled my old work and added bits and BAMs of bright color... but then , sadly, it was still missing something. What about pink mustaches? :D



edit:

One day I got a facebook message from Jayjay.

This was made by Jayjay with color pencils.



It made my day. :)

1 comment: